The 2014 Dixon Springs Agronomy and Horticulture Field Day presented by the University of Illinois, Department of Crop Sciences will be held on Thursday, August 7 at the Dixon Springs Ag Center. The research center is located on IL Route 145, near Glendale, IL, 25 miles south of Harrisburg and 25 miles north of Paducah, KY.
Tours will start at 9:00 AM with the final bus leaving at 9:30. A lunch to follow will be provided by sponsors and UI Extension.
The following presenters will speak about current conditions and management challenges in field crop and horticulture production.
- Carl Bradley: Fungicide Resistance
- Angie Peltier: Corn Nematodes, The Hidden Menace in Your Fields
- Jake Vossenkemper: Nitrogen on Soybeans
- Rachel Cook: Tillage is Recreational, Fertilizer is Essential: A 44 Year Study
- Jeff Kindhart: High Tunnels, Hydroponics and Mushrooms
For more information contact John Pike at 618-695-2441 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org