Registration is now open for the 2017 Regional Illinois Crop Management Conferences
Registration is open for the 2017 Crop Management Conferences. These regional conferences provide a forum for discussion and interaction between participants and university researchers and are designed to address a wide array of topics pertinent to crop production in Illinois: crop management, pest management, nutrient management, soil and water management.
Certified Crop Advisers can earn up to 8 hours of continuing education credit. Advance registration, no later than one week before each conference, is $100 per person. Late and on-site registration is $120. Dates and locations along with links to location-specific agendas and online registration are listed below.
Conference topics include:
- Updating Grain P and K Removal Levels – Dr. Emerson Nafziger, University of Illinois, Extension Agronomist, Department of Crop Sciences
- Crop Management Strategies for Leaner Times – Dr. Gary Schnitkey, University of Illinois, Extension Economist, Department of Agriculture and Consumer Economics
- Increasing the Odds of Success: Integrating Weed Management Strategies – Dr. Aaron Hager, Univ. of Illinois, Extension Weed Scientist, Department of Crop Sciences or Dr. Bob Hartzler, Iowa State Univ., Prof. Weed Science or Dr. Karla Gage, Southern Illinois Univ., Asst. Prof. Plant Biology
- Is record-setting weather the ‘new normal’? – Dr. Jim Angel, Illinois State Climatologist, Illinois State Water Survey
- Management Practices to Reduce Tile Nitrate Loading – Lowell Gentry, University of Illinois, Senior Research Specialist, Department of Natural Resources & Environmental Sciences
- The living soil: Crop management, organic matter and soil biology – Dr. Michelle Wander, University of Illinois, Prof. Soil Fertility & Ecology, Department of Natural Resources & Environmental Sciences
- Predicting Insect Pressure: Surveys and Web-based Tools – Kelly Estes, Cooperative Agricultural Pest Survey Coordinator, Prairie Research Institute
- New Bacteria to Perennial Fungi: Revisiting Crop Disease in 2016 – Angie Peltier, University of Illinois, Extension Educator
January 18: Mt. Vernon – Krieger/Holiday Inn Convention Center. Click here to view the Mt. Vernon agenda. Click here to register for the Mt. Vernon location. For more information, contact Angie Peltier: (309) 734-1098, email@example.com.
January 25: Springfield – Brookens Auditorium – University of Illinois-Springfield. Click here to view the Springfield agenda. Click here to register for the Springfield location. For more information, contact Angie Peltier: (309) 734-1098, firstname.lastname@example.org.
February 1: Champaign – i-Hotel and Conference Center. Click here to view the Champaign agenda. Click here to register for the Champaign location. For more information, contact Dennis Bowman: (217) 244-0851, email@example.com.
February 15: Malta – Kishwaukee College Conference Center. Click here to view the Malta agenda. Click here to register for the Malta location. For more information, contact Russ Higgins: (815) 274-1343, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mail-in registrations must arrive one week before each conference in order to take advantage of the advance registration discount. To download the mail-in registration form, click here.